Saturday, August 7, 2010

Green Beans

Our green beans have started popping up! I planted lots of these with it's companion plant, corn. I plan to put about half up for Food Storage. I'm trying to decide if I want to freeze or can them. I'd prefer to freeze them because I think they'll have more nutrients. The problem is that our freezer is pretty full with grass fed beef, etc.  Maybe I'll do both unless I get another freezer.
See the bean close to the bottom right corner in the opening of all the leaves?


Another thing I'm debating on is blanching them before freezing but I have a neighbor who doesn't blanch her veggies. Blanching is supposed to stop the enzymes from progressing?  So I'm unsure which to do.  I guess I can try both and see which we like better.

What do you do with your beans?



This post is part of Real Food Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment